The Nutrition Pod is a friendly, non-judgemental hub for nutritional advice, based on the latest scientific studies and facts – no fad diets here! Born out of a passion for natural solutions to personal and family members’ health problems, Lisa has been studying and researching the field of Functional Nutrition since 2012 and adopts a personalised method of optimising health and wellness.
We are all individuals and what works for others may not work for you. There is a significant amount of misleading information about nutrition on social media, but The Nutrition Pod is able to guide you in the right direction. Food and your biochemistry is a complex but pretty amazing thing!
The good news is that only 5% of human disease is actually a direct result of your genes. It’s the environment into which you put those genes that counts, so even if you do have a genetic predisposition to certain health problems, you can keep them dormant or counteract them by improving your nutrition and general wellness. We all live in a fast-moving, stressful world and eating healthily is not always top of our list of priorities, but The Nutrition Pod is here to help you change habits in a safe, effective and inexpensive way.
How can nutritional therapy help?
- Weight loss
- Identifying nutrient deficiencies
- Immune system support
- Improving energy levels/reducing fatigue
- IBS and general gut health improvement
- Lowering blood sugars/possible reversal of Type 2 Diabetes
- Lowering blood pressure
- Cholesterol reduction
- Better heart health
- Enhanced sports performance (from elite athletes to complete beginners)
- Improved mental health
- Better sleep
- Reducing headaches/migraine
- Better cognitive performance
- Alleviating menopause symptoms
- Maximising fertility chances
- Improving longevity chances
- Making sense of food labels and ingredients lists
Food is nature’s medicine and whether you are flexitarian, pescatarian, vegetarian, vegan or have no dietary restrictions at all, I can build you a personalised plan to minimise symptoms of poor health in order to maximise good health.
I have access to the latest online nutrition toolkits, science-based information, food psychology and food relationship tests and a vast database of healthy, tasty recipes.
- 15 min pre-programme phone call: FREE
- Initial assessment: 1 hour – £50
- Follow-up: 30 – 40 mins – £40
Appointments are available face-to-face in the clinic or via video call which has proved popular in recent times with Covid 19 restrictions.
What to expect/example sessions
- Health check questionnaire
- Food diary analysis
- Antioxidant assessment
- Nutritional deficiencies assessment
- Essential nutrients and superfoods
- Diet planning workbook
- Food preparation
- Plan adherence
- Identifying obstacles and goal setting
- Symptom reassessment
- Monitoring hydration
- Weight loss personality test
- Calculating and tracking BMI, WHR, BP, body fat and muscle gain
- Target macronutrient ratios
- Portion guides
- Which food pyramid?
- Meal planner
- Food addiction assessment and food relationship questionnaire
- Fitness assessment
- Perceived stress scale test
- Weekly sleep log and sleep tips
As you can imagine, a plan for someone trying to lose weight looks very different to that of an athlete training for a specific event, but I love showing clients the science of how to get this right.