Kinesio Taping Treatment | Call 07956 403046
In 2004 the UK saw the introduction of an injury taping method, known as Kinesio Taping. Developed in the 1970’s by Dr. Kase, this method of taping was found to help in the healing of traumatised tissue and muscles. Unlike traditional taping techniques, such as athletic taping and strapping, Kinesio Taping supports the muscles and joints without reducing range of motion, and supports the fascia. It is also thought that Kinesiology taping could have benefits for the lymphatic system.
Our physiotherapist is a fully qualified Kinesio Taping practitioner and will assess your injury and advise you on the best taping to support and help the healing process.
The Benefits of Kinesio Taping
- Allows range of motion and does not restrict like conventional athletic tape.
- Elastic properties to help to support and reduce muscle fatigue.Can be worn for several days (3-5) without re-application.
- Cost effective patient management (6-10 applications per roll).
- 100% cotton and latex free.
- Elasticity of up to 30-40% from resting length.
- Tape is applied with 10% stretch.
- Medical grade, heat sensitive acrylic adhesive.
- Allows the skin to breathe.
- Thickness, and weight approximates that of skin.